Chair: Councillor Jamie Spooner. Members: Councillors Lisa Barnes, Alistair Bastin, Lorna Berrett, Martin Dowie, Nekisa Gholami-Babaahmady, Nicola Johnson, David Kay, Shazia Keily and Ag MacKeith.
The Recreation and Amenities (R&A) Committee is responsible for looking after our parish-owned recreational spaces.:
- the Louie Memorial Fields – the lower Louie Memorial Field (including children’s play area), the upper Louie Memorial Field (including the football pitch, MUGA – multi use games area, and Trim Trail fitness equipment),
- Louie Memorial Pavilion (the parish council maintains the building, with Pavilion use and activities managed separately by Louie Memorial Pavilion Trustees)
- Hutchcomb’s Copse and Fen (woodland area adjacent to the lower field),
- North Hinksey Churchyard and Village Green. You can download the Churchyard management plan and diagram.
Minutes of R&A Committee
- You can access Minutes for 2020 and 2019 from the All Past Meetings page – this link is filtered to Recreation & Amenities Meetings, you can view any minutes by selecting the appropriate committee in the Category box at the top of the page. Earlier minutes are found below:
- R&A Committee Meeting 24th January 2019
- R&A Committee Meeting 13th September 2018
- R&A Committee Meeting 5th April 2018
- R&A Committee Meeting 25th January 2018
- R&A Committee Meeting 14th September 2017
- R&A Committee Meeting 6th April 2017
- R&A Committee Meeting 26th January 2017
- R&A Committee Meeting 8th September 2016
- R&A Committee Meeting 21st April 2016
- R&A Committee Meeting 28th January 2016
- R&A Committee Meeting 17th September 2015
In May 2015 the Parish Council set up a Leisure Working Group to consider and act on the Leisure Facilities Survey results. The Working Group included Councillors Berrett, Bolder, Carr, Kay, MacKeith, Mayne, Potter (chair), Pritchard. The Leisure Working Group has identified two priority areas of work:
- Improved multi-use indoor facilities for all ages, with particular focus on facilities within a replacement Seacourt Hall in the West Way development
- Increased /improved facilities for older youth and teenagers within the parish.