The election results for 4th May 2023 can be found on the Vale website here.
Elections are held every four years. The next scheduled Parish Council election is in May 2027. Should a casual vacancy for a Councillor occur before that time it will be announced on this website and on Council noticeboards and either a byelection will take place (if requested by 10 parishioners) or the Council will co-opt a replacement Councillor.
County Council elections are next due in May 2025 and District Council elections in May 2027.
- For further details about any upcoming elections see the District Council website at Elections and electoral registration
- More information on the election process see Electoral Commission website
The Parish Council meets eleven times a year, (monthly apart from August); the Planning Committee meets about every four weeks and most other Committees four times a year, with two committees meeting on an ad hoc basis.
To qualify as a Councillor, a person must be either: –
- A Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland, or a citizen of another Member State of the European Community
- Be 18 years or over,
- Not disqualified by any statute,
- An elector of the Parish, or
- During the whole of the last 12 months has either occupied as owner or tenant land or other premises in the parish, or
- Has a principal or only place of work in the Parish, or lives within 4.8 kilometres (three miles) of the Parish boundary
- Parish Councillor Job Description
- Guidance for Prospective Candidates
- “Purdah” and its meaning in local election
Botley & North Hinksey Parish Council employs the following people:
Parish Clerk (27 hours per week)
- Responsible Financial Officer (10 hours per week
Groundskeeper (an average of, 6 hours per week)
- Occasional Groundskeeper (as and when required to cover holiday and sickness)
The Parish Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day management of the part time operatives and with the Chairmen of the respective service committees for monitoring work undertaken by the council’s contractors.