Members: Cllrs Lisa Barnes, Alistair Bastin, Chris Church, Erica Davis, Martin Dowie, David Kay and Ag MacKeith.
The Environment and Wellbeing Committee was established in June 2019 and was changed to a Working Group in 2023. The original remit was primarily for
- Implementing the NHPC Climate Emergency Policy (as adopted February 2019).
- Implementing relevant Community Actions contained within the emerging North Hinksey Parish Neighbourhood Plan 2031 (including CAS12, CAUT1, CAGS1, CAGS2, CAGS3 and CABU2 in the version of the Plan submitted for Independent Examination) in liaison with other appropriate local bodies.
In addition, the Working Group may take responsibility for matters impacting on the environment and/or the wellbeing of parishioners that are not otherwise specifically allocated to another Committee.
- 2021: Green Spaces Survey results: to follow
- Environmental impact of West Way redevelopment: We asked Mace and SDC for details of environmental improvements and impact of the development. They referred us to the Environmental Impact Assessment submitted as part of the Planning Application.
- Read the NHPC Climate and Nature Emergency Action Plan – October 2020
As a Working Group there is no requirement to produce minutes but reports will be made to the full Council meetings as required. As this Working Group was previously a Committee, you can access past Minutes up to May 2023 from the All Past Meetings page – this link is filtered to Environment & Wellbeing Committee.
A Working Group reporting into the original Committee was set up to handle matters relating to the proposed Oxford to Cambridge Expressway. This Working Group was disbanded in June 2023 as the Expressway proposal had been withdrawn. For more details on the history and functions of this group see the Oxford Cambridge Expressway Working Group page.
This page has the following sub pages.