Key contacts:  

If you have a general enquiry, in the first instance please contact the Parish Clerk:

  • Parish Clerk , can be contacted on 07494 054581 or 01865 861992 or via email 
  • The Clerk’s office hours are: Mon, Wed, Thurs 9:30 – 14:30 and Friday 9:30 – 17:30.
  • Office hours to meet parishioners are:
    • Monday 10am – 12pm (by appointment)
    • Wednesday 10am – 12pm (by appointment)
    • Thursday 10am – 12pm (drop in)
    • Friday 10am – 12pm (drop in)
  • Chairman of the Parish Council, Councillor Lorna Berrett – Tel:  01865 722732 or mob: 07967 111014
  • Vice-Chairman of the Parish Council,  Councillor David Kay Tel: 01865-240272 Email:
  • All Councillors’ contact details can be found on the Councillors page

Other Useful contact details

Report an issue via Fix My Street
If you have spotted a problem in your area, please report it by using the Fix My Street service from Oxfordshire County Council to report anything from potholes to street lighting, property damage to road markings and more.  Go to Fix My Street.

Please note that responsibility for maintaining all roads including salting and gritting is that of the County Council as the highways authority. Pothole or highways issues should be reported to the County Council on 0845 310 1111.

Parking issues

You can now report illegally parked vehicles in the Parish directly to the County Council enforcement team via their website at

Snow advice and salt bins

County Council useful telephone numbers

  • County Council General Enquires:  01865 792422  Fax: 01865 726155
  • Environment issues:  01865 815700
  • Hazardous waste:  01865 815796
  • Highways (for all county council highways enquiries):  0845 310 1111
  • Parking:  01865 815071
  • Public transport:  01865 815086
  • Rights of way & footpaths:  01865 810808
  • Schools:  01865 815449
  • Street lighting (fault reporting): 0800 317802
  • Trading Standards: 08540 510845
  • Traffic lights and pedestrian crossings (fault reporting):  01865 815775
  • Waste sites:  01865 815796
  • Complaints about County Council services:  01865 815906

Vale Of White Horse District Council 

District Council useful telephone numbers

  • District Council General Enquiries:  01235 520202  Fax: 01235 540395
  • Car Parks (Botley):  01235 547665
  • Council Tax:  01235 540331
  • Environmental Health:  01235 520202
  • Green Box Recycling:  01235 520202
  • Housing:  01235 520202
  • Pest Control:  01235 540375
  • Rubbish collection: 01235 520202
  • Street name plates: 01235 540362

West Way Shopping Precinct is now owned by the Botley Development Company / Mace and managed by Savills. For any problems, contact Lisa Himpson of Savills at 

Thames Water
Sewer problems  0845 9200 800

There are a number of services you can sign up for now or keep the information handy in the event of :

  • Power cuts: You can sign up to a Priority Services Register that will help you get priority attention in the event of a power cut. The register prioritises households with children under 5, the over 60s, the disabled, and those dependent on electricity for medical care, chronic illnesses or special communication needs. In the event of a power cut you can call 150 for electricity, or 0800 111 999 for gas.
  • Flooding: visit for information on prevention, planning, flood warnings and more. You can also get information from Floodline on 0345 988 1188 or report flooding to the Environment Agency hotline 0800 807060.
  • Adverse weather and the cold: find out more about preparing your home for the cold at Better Housing Better Health at or call 0800 107 0044 

Thames Valley Police

Pc Carl Bryant (Pc 5864) is now the Beat Officer for the North Hinksey Parish.  He is a neighbourhood Specialist Officer which means he will not be abstracted for other committments, and can be contacted via the non-emergency number 08458 505505.

Thames Valley Police has asked the Parish Council to remind parishioners that information can be given to the Police anonymously via Crimestoppers. Their contact details can be found here.   Crimestoppers can also offer a reward where information leads to a conviction.

In an emergency call 999. It is an emergency if a crime is being committed, or it is about to be committed, or if there is a risk of serious injury.